Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Book Tuesday's

Hi y'all!  This week was another slow week in getting books and reading..

Here's what I read this past week:


Awakened by P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast
I Have been looking forward to this book for so long! I'm not really sure how I feel about it though.. I was excited to read it. but once I was done reading it I was left feeling a little disappointed and saddened.. It felt like the story didn't really go anywhere and what took the whole book to say could of been done in a few chapters.. But once I start a series I'm in it till the end.. Can't wait for the next book to come out!


Life's That Way: A Memoir by Jim Beaver
It feels wrong to say that I really enjoyed this book because of all the sadness involved with Jim's story. It was sad and I did cry severely, but I also enjoyed getting to see into the life of a great actor.

What I got from the Library:


Past Midnight by Mara Purnhagen

What I'm reading now:


The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting



I've also started a new challenge!

The 1st In a Series Challenge 2011 is being hosted by Katy over at A Few More Pages, and it's a challenge I can complete! Very simple, to read a certain number (or more) books that are the first of a series. Any genre, any publication year, they just have to be the first book of a series.






Guidelines for the 1st in a Series Challenge 2011



There are four different levels for this challenge that each participant can choose from:
  • Series Novice: Read 3 books that are the first in any series.
  • Series Lover: Read 6 books that are the first in any series.
  • Series Expert: Read 12 books that are the first in any series.
  • Series Fanatic: Read 20 books that are the first in any series.
I've already started this challenge, but have not gotten around to posting it yet.
Here are the books I plan to read for this challenge:

Glimmerglass by Jenna Black
Firelight by Sophie Jordan
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
Fallen by Lauren Kate
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
Blood Song by Cat Adams
Past Midnight by Mara Purnhagen
My soul to Take by Rachel Vincent
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
Black Moon by C.L. Bevill
My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Demon Girl byPenelope Fletcher
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Elixir by Hilary Duff
Kat Incorrigible by Stephanie Burgis
Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton
The Glass Houses by Rachel Caine
Dilirium by Lauren Oliver
GLOW by Amy Kathleen Ryan
Wildefire by Karsten Knight
The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross
I will probably end up adding more to this list..

What about you? What challenges are you trying to complete?


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment