Thursday, March 22, 2012

Jello Shot Cupcakes

Hi Y'all!

I mention the other day that we had a party.. Having a party gave me the excuse to whip up these pretty little cupcakes. They were such a hit! Although I don't suggest making them 2 hours before your guest are due to arrive! I barley had enough time to get them all cooled and frosted.. They were super yummy and so worth it though!





 Jello Shot Cupcakes:

1 package white cake mix
1 cup boiling water
1 package  Jello, any red flavor. I used Strawberry.
1 cup Vodka ( I think I used about 1 1/2 cups..)

Mix according to the package. I made them mini cupcakes, so they would be more like jello shots. Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full and bake for about 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven and poke holes in the cupcakes with a fork or toothpick.

In a separate bowl, stir boiling water into jello powder until completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Add Vodka. Spoon over cupcakes. I used about 3-4 teaspoons for each cupcake. It will run over, so I left the cupcakes in the pan, while I spooned the jello mixture over them.  Let cool before frosting with whipped cream.


 Whipped Cream:

3 cups heavy whipping cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp granulated sugar

Place the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla into the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the whisk attachment, whisk together on low until stiff peaks are formed. Change to medium speed and whisk until thick. I used a Wilton #21 tip to frost my cupcakes.
Recipe adapted from I Heart Cuppycakes

Eat and Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment