Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Biscuit Donuts with an Orange Cream Cheese Glaze

 Hi Y'all

Apparently I am on a donut craze! Over the weekend I made these for the hubs and I. I found this recipe on Pinterest and just had to try them! I had some left over Orange Cream Cheese frosting from the Blue Moon Cupcakes and use that as a glaze for the donuts. This recipe could not be any easier!




Biscuit Donuts:

1 can biscuits (any kind will do except for the flaky layers..)
Vegetable oil or shortening for frying

Put your oil or shortening (I used about 2 1/2 Tbsp (big scoops) of shortening) in a skillet or cast iron pan. You want there to be about a 1/2 inch depth to the oil. Let it heat up on medium- medium high. 

Meanwhile, get your biscuits ready by cutting out the center of each biscuit. I used the wide end of one of my pastry bag tips, but you can use anything to get the job done.

Drop the dough into the hot oil. Be careful  not to splash yourself. You can put 2-3 in at a time depending on how big your pan is. Let them cook on each side for 1 1/2-2 minutes or until golden brown. If your oil is too hot, you will burn the outsides.. If you can tell by my pictures, I had that problem. They still tasted good though!
You can use tongs to flip them. Also you can fry up the centers you cut out to make donut holes!

I used this Orange Cream Cheese frosting for a glaze on my donuts, but if you would rather you can cover them in a cinnamon sugar coating or do whatever you want to them!


Eat and Enjoy!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment