Sunday, March 11, 2012

Donut Muffins

  Hi Y'all!

Spring break starts this week here.. Normally I would be happy because this means spending time with the Hubs (who is a college student..) and celebrating our anniversary. But not this year.. This year I got me a job at Six Flags over Texas and will be working 8 days straight! Of course we are expecting a ton of rain this week, so maybe it won't be so bad? But anyways.. I decided I am going to try and bake some stuff to take to work this week for my fellow co-workers. I know we won't have much time for breaks and stuff, but if there is a snack or something we can grab right quick, all should be good!

I figured Donut Muffins would be a good start for this morning! I hope every one likes them!!



Donut Muffins:
 
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk 
 1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg


Lightly grease a mini muffin tin with vegetable oil or spray. In a large bowl, beat together sugar and egg until light in color. Add vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla to sugar mixture and combine.
 In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Then pour into liquid mixture and stir to combine.
 Fill muffin cups 3/4 full, and bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Coating:

2 tablespoons butter, melted (optional)
1/2 cup superfine sugar (you can pulse regular sugar in food processor to make), or powdered sugar



 Eat and Enjoy!

This recipe has been linked up at Addicted to Recipes!

Photobucket

 

No comments:

Post a Comment