Friday, August 5, 2011

Samoa Truffles Take 2

Hi Ya'll! Don't worry, your not seeing double, and I'm not reposting the same recipe (sorta).. I had found 2 different versions of the Samoa Truffles that I wanted to try! The first one I posted used cream cheese as the binding agent. This one uses Dulche de Leche. After trying both versions (both are awesome!) I think I like the cream cheese better. The dulche de leche was a little too sweet for me. But judge for yourself!

We were invited to a friends house for dinner last Saturday night and I brought these for dessert. This recipe make about a dozen truffles. I left our friends house with one left. Of course that one did not make the drive home!




Samoa Truffles:

2 packages Coconut Dreams

2 Tablespoons dulce de leche ( found in the mexican food section)
melting chocolate (almond bark)
1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut

Crush the cookies in a food processor (or in a baggie with a rolling pin) until they are turned into a fine crumb.
Mix crumbs with the dulce de leche using the back of a spoon or your hand. Roll mixture into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Place in the freezer for about 15 min.


Meanwhile toast your coconut and melt your chocolate.

Dip each ball into the chocolate then sprinkle with the coconut. Place back onto the wax paper and let dry.





 Eat and Enjoy!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment