Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sweet and Salty Popcorn Balls

Hi Y'all!
 
As you can see, I have discovered a few ways to make yummy popcorn balls! So far, these are my favorite, but I have a few more ideas to try out...
 
My friends loved these and so will you! Whats better than popcorn, pretzels and chocolate? I dare you to come up with something better! lol
 
 
 
 
 
Sweet and Salty Popcorn Balls:
 
3-4 cups popped popcorn
1/2 a stick of butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
 mini marshmallows (I used just over half the bag)
1 cup pretzel sticks (broken into 3 or 4 pieces per stick)
1 square chocolate almond bark
1/2-1 tsp shortening
 
Pop your popcorn and try your best to remove all the unpopped kernels.
 
Melt the butter in a sauce pan. Add your brown sugar and marshmallows.
Stir until all melty and combined. Add the pretzel bits.
 
 
 
 
Immediately add the marshmallow mixture to your popcorn and stir it up real nice like..
 Let the mixture sit for a few minutes until its cool enough to handle.
 
Shape into balls. I got about 13 from my batch..
Melt your square of almond bark with the shortening and drizzle over each ball.
 
 
 
 
 
Eat and Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment