Thursday, October 18, 2012

Popcorn Balls


Hi Y'all!
 
The hubs had been asking me for like ever to make him some popcorn balls. This man would probably live off of popcorn if left on his own.. Finally I gave in, because the idea of popcorn balls did sound good.. but when looking at what I had in the cupboard, it wasn't going to be easy.. I didn't have enough corn syrup for one recipe, nor did I have enough marshmallows for another recipe that I had..
 
 My compromise? The almost full jar of marshmallow creme I found in my cabinet!
 These popcorn balls turned out really good. I am going to share the original recipe for you, but know that if need be you could use the marshmallow creme!
 
 
 
 
Popcorn Balls:
 
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1 package miniature marshmallows
1/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
3 quarts popped popcorn
Melt butter in a large heavy pot over low heat. Add marshmallows and brown sugar and stir until melted. I did not have a full bag of miniature marshmallows, I had about ¼ of a bag, but I had an almost full jar of marshmallow creme… So I added most of that jar to the brown sugar and butter mixture.

 
 Remove from heat.
Pour popcorn into pot; mix well. With greased hands, shape into 2 1/2-inch balls. Set on parchment lined baking sheet to dry slightly.
 


 
 
Eat and Enjoy!
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment