Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hi Y'all
 
I have found way too many pumpkin items that I want to try.. So I have decided to extend my pumpkin month into November. And possibly adding another pumpkin recipe per week.. I'm not sure if I am that ambitious or not, so we'll see!
 
This week I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I found this recipe over at Chef in Training. She has some awesome recipes over there, so be sure to check her out!
 
I found that my cookies did not come out to looking like they did over at Chef in Training.. Mine were a bit on the cakey side. They were still good, but I'm not sure what I did wrong. I do have some ideas running through my head on how to make them more to my liking.
 
I've also been experimenting with popcorn balls.. So be on the look out for those recipes sometime this next week!
 
 
 
 
 
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies:
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1-1  ½ cups chocolate chips
 
 
 
 
 
 Pre heat your oven to 375.
Combine shortening, sugar and pumpkin until creamy. Add egg and mix well.
Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix until dough forms. Add your chocolate chip.
Drop by teaspoonful onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
 
Eat and Enjoy!
 

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment