Monday, October 8, 2012

Mozzarella Grilled Cheese with Kale Pesto and Tomatoes

Hi Y'all!
 
Ha! I found another use, that is not pasta, for my yummy kale pesto! I had found this recipe a while back on Pinterest, but had completely forgotten about it. I was going through on of my boards today when I found it. I changed it a little, using the kale pesto instead of basil.
 
The other day I found this awesome spinach and parmesan bread that I just had to buy. I had no clue as to what to do with it, but I knew I had to have it. It was perfect for this sandwich!
 
The hubs loved this sandwich so much, he had one for lunch and then asked for another one for dinner!
 
 
 
 
 Mozzarella Grilled Cheese:
 
8 slices any kind of bread
4 quarter-inch slices of fresh mozzarella
2 roma tomatoes, cut into thick slices
1 cup kale pesto
freshly ground black pepper and salt
Extra-virgin olive oil
Heat a skillet over medium heat.
 
 
Assemble sandwich by spreading insides of bread slices with pesto. Arrange a layer of sliced tomato and season with pepper and salt. Layer the mozzarella slices over the top and then place another piece of bread on top to make the sandwich.
 
 
Drizzle olive oil over skillet's surface and place sandwiches on the hot skillet. Place another heavy skillet over the top to press your sandwich (If you have one of those nifty panini press things, by all means, use that instead!).
 
 
Turn after 2 to 3 minutes and replace the top pan. Your sandwich will be ready when it is golden brown and the cheese has melted around the edges.
 Just look at that ooey-gooey goodness!
 
Eat and Enjoy!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Where is the Kale pesto recipe?? I need that so I can make this!! I love fresh mozzarella!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just sent it to ya! I so cannot wait to get a stove again so I can make these again! Oh so yummy!!

      Delete