Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cheddar Bacon Waffles

Hi ya'll! If you have not yet noticed, I'm a big fan of cheese. And if you give me Tillamook Cheese, that's oh so much better! Tillamook cheese is made up in Tillamook Oregon. Tillamook is a small town along the coast in northern Oregon. They have been  making some great cheese for over 100 years! Oh and their Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream is to die for! As is all the other Ice Cream flavors they have. When I first moved away from Oregon, 10 years ago, I was no longer able to have my favorite ice cream or cheese.. A few years ago when we moved to Texas I noticed one of the stores carried the tiny (8 oz) loaf of cheese 1 kind of sliced cheese and shredded cheese. It was enough to make me happy, but I wanted more! We just moved again, to another town in Texas, and the store here has the BIG loaf of cheese! A whole 2 lbs of my favorite cheese! Plus there are 3 kinds to choose from, along with the 2 kinds of sliced and shredded! I'm in Tillamook heaven! Now, if I can only get my yummy ice cream, oh and some of their awesome yogurt too, I could die happy!

I got this recipe off of the Tillamook website. They have some awesome recipes and just did a review contest. They wanted you to make a recipe and then review it on their website. I did the Cheddar Bacon Waffles. Guess who won? Yup that's right! I was pick along with 9 other winners! I'm so excited! The prize? Free cheese of course!

Now on to the yummy part of this post...


Cheddar Bacon Waffles

2 eggs, well beaten
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1½ cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup  Tillamook Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
8 pieces cooked bacon
Serve with  butter and maple syrup

Before making the batter you wanna have you bacon cooked and crumbled, and have your cheese shredded and ready to go. If you are unable to use Tillamook Cheese, any cheddar cheese will work!

While waffle iron is heating, make the batter. Whisk together the eggs, milk, and oil in a large bowl. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar until batter is smooth. Stir in shredded cheese. When waffle iron is hot, pour in enough batter to fill (amount varies by iron), then sprinkle crumbled bacon across batter before closing iron. Cook according to your iron’s instructions.

Serve immediately with butter and maple syrup on the side. I served mine with shredded cheese sprinkled on top along with some left over bacon crumbs.. It didn't really need the butter or syrup, but you can serve yours however you want!





Eat and Enjoy!



Tillamook Cheese did a loaf tour not too long ago where they came to Texas and a few other states. One of the towns they came to was mine! I was so excited. I had just gotten back from a trip to Oregon where my mom took me to the Tillamook factory. They let you see where the cheese is made and have free samples. They also have a store, ice cream shop and a grill. And of course a souvenir shop. I got a T-shirt while I was there and when I found out the cheese tour was going to be in my town, I threw my Tillamook shirt on and went and said hi!


Because I wore my awesome Tillamook shirt they took my picture by the mini loaf bus and put it on thier Facebook page! I also was given a mini loaf bus toy, 2 pins, and an awesome pen!

 Okay, I'm done talking about cheese.. for now..

I hope you try this recipe and enjoy it as much as we did!

What's your favorite hometown item?

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for
    best Best Waffle Iron Reviews

    ReplyDelete