Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cookies!

Hi! We're the Watson's! Welcome to our cooking blog. My husband and I love all things food and want to share our recipes with all of you. My husband does all the cooking, and I do all the baking.. but before I get into to telling you all about us, here is one of my favorite cookies ( and my most requested cookies too..)

Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chunk:

2 sticks margarine or butter softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
3 cups Quaker Oats ( quick, or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup raisins
1 cup chocolate chunks
Heat oven to 350.

Beat together margarine and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
Stir in oats and raisins and chocolate; mix well.

Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.

Eat and enjoy!


A little about my husband and myself, we have been married for almost 3 years. We moved to Texas just over 2 years ago from Arkansas. We have 2 furry kids, Ford and Rocky. Oh and we love cooking!

What have you cooked lately? 


No comments:

Post a Comment