Friday, March 1, 2013

Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Cookies


Hi Y'all!
 
I don't know what to say.. I've been gone for so long!
 
 Things have taken quite a turn for the Watson's! With the husband landing an awesome job right after graduating, us packing up and moving to Illinois and finding out I'm pregnant, its been pretty hectic around here!
 
I'm officially 18 weeks! Only 4 more weeks until we get to find out the gender!
 
 We are finally starting to get settled into our new place.. We are starting to explore our new area on the hubs days off. We have found our local organic food market plus some awesome state parks and campsites.
 
Long before we moved, I came up with this recipe, I just never got the chance to post it! The cream cheese chocolate chip cookies are my go to cookie and one of my most requested. I also love peanut butter cookies and wondered what would happen if I added peanut butter to the cream cheese cookie dough..
 
I do believe the best peanut butter cookies ever, is what happened!
 
 
 
 
 
Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Cookies:
 

6 ounces cream cheese, softened
12 tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup -1 cup peanut butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups all-purpose flour


 Preheat the oven to 325°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray. In bowl of an electric stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese, melted butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the peanut butter. I like a stronger peanut butter flavor so I used a full cup of PB, but feel free to lessen the amount, or add more.. Mix in the vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined and no dry streaks remain.

Roll the dough into 1 to 1 1/2-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten each ball slightly with the palm of your hand (just barely press, it doesn't need to be completely flat). Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes until the edges are just barely golden brown. Let the cookies cool for a minute on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
 



 And if your feeling sporty, you can add some chocolate chips to your peanut butter cookies!


 Eat and Enjoy!
 
What's your favorite kind of cookie?


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment