Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Neapolitan Cupcakes with a Vanilla Frosting

 Hi Y'all!  

I've had tons of practice with cupcakes this past week..  I had a co-worker ask me to make her a dozen S'mores Cupcakes and some Almond Joy Brownie bite. When I delivered them to her another co-worker requested a dozen of the S'mores Cupcakes. Not to mention the person wanting Valentines Day cupcakes.. 

I had a bit of a hard time finding the perfect cupcake for the Valentines order. She was very picky on what her kids would eat.. I had seen these Neapolitan cupcakes going around on Pinterest and thought I would give them a try..

With making all these cupcakes lately it gave me a chance to practice my frosting techniques.  I am having fun with all these cupcakes. Never thought I would say that.. I always hated the idea  of decorating cupcakes and cakes because I didn't think I could be creative enough..  I love how these Neapolitan Cupcakes came out though!!




Neapolitan Cupcakes:


1 package brownie mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup water
1 package white cake mix
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 1/3 cups water
3 egg whites

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your muffin tins with paper liners.
Whisk together the brownie mix, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup canola oil, and 1/4 cup water in a bowl. Stir just until fully incorporated, about 50 strokes; set aside.
Mix the cake mix, 2 tablespoons canola oil, 1 1/3 cup water, and 3 egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Spoon the brownie batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup 1/3 full. Spoon the cake batter over the brownie batter, until muffin cups are each 2/3 full.
Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 20 minutes.


 Vanilla Frosting:

2 1/2 sticks (10 oz) butter at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tbs vanilla (or to taste.. I think I used 4-5)
1-2 tbs milk

In a large bowl, using a mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Add the confectioners' sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating until smooth after each addition. Add the vanilla and 1 tablespoon milk. Beat at high speed until fluffy, adding an additional 1 tablespoon milk if necessary.



 Eat and Enjoy!

Whats your favorite cupcake?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment