Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mochaccino Cupcakes

Hi Y'all!

So who here doesn't like coffee and chocolate? If you don't like either, please leave.. ( just kidding... maybe..) These cupcakes are a wonderful combination of chocolate and coffee! I was asked to make these (along with the red velvet) for a friend. I was super excited to make them. I had been waiting for an excuse to make 'em. I do love me some chocolate and coffee!! I hope you love these as much as I did!




Mochaccino cupcakes:

3/4 cup butter 
3 eggs 
1 3/4 flour 
1cup unsweetened cocoa powder 
1 tsp baking soda
 3/4 tsp baking powder
 1/2 tsp salt 
1 cup milk 
1/2 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
 2 cups sugar
 2 tsp vanilla 
1 cup dark, bittersweet chocolate pieces

Allow butter and eggs to sit out for about 30 min. In a medium bowl mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a 2 cup glass measuring cup, combine the milk and coffee and set aside.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line/grease your muffin tins. In a large mixing bowl beat butter on medium high for about 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar about 1/4 cups at a time until combined. Scrape sides of bowl and mix for another minute or so. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. 

Add the vanilla. Alternately add the flour mixture and the milk mixture, beating on a low speed after each addition, until combined. Stir in chocolate pieces.

Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling about 3/4 full. This mixture will be kinda thick, almost pudding like. Bake for about 18 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool on wire rack for about 5 min, then remove and cool completely on wire rack.

Coffee Buttercream:

1/3 cup butter 
4 cups powdered sugar 
3 tbsp strong coffee, cooled 
1 tsp vanilla

Let butter sit at room temp for 30 min or so. In large mixin bowl, beat butter on medium until smooth, gradually add 1 cup of the powdered sugar, beating well. Beat in the 3 tbsp coffee and the vanilla. Beat in the rest of the powdered sugar. If needed add more coffee until frosting reaches your desired consistency. 

I garnished each cupcake with a piece of a Pirouette cookie. I think they look so pretty! I also played with my frosting tips again.. I love getting the chance to practice!



 Eat and enjoy!





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment