Thursday, June 9, 2011

Toasted Coconut Cream Pie with Lime Whipped Cream

I am such a horrible blogger! I have had no motivation what so ever to post recipes lately.. My work schedule is taking some getting use to. I'm either working too much or not enough! They can't seem to make up their minds on how many hours a week they want to give me. When they give me less than a full weeks worth, I'm called in to work an extra day or two. So on the days I think I have off and plan on working on the blog, I get called in!
I am not very skilled with baking pies. I've only made one before, a pecan pie at Christmas time. I really suck at rolling out the dough and have been trying to convince the hubs into letting me get like a marble slab to roll out dough on. I don't need nothing fancy, just something a little better than my kitchen counters.. Oh and a better rolling pin! I hate mine! Maybe for my birthday, hint hint.. But anyways..
I thought I would give making a pie another shot.  Of course I probably shouldn't of tried to make it when I was so tired. I could not get the dough to cooperate for me, so sadly I had to go out and bought a ready made graham cracker crust pie shell..

I'm going to leave you with just a picture of this wonderful pie today. I promise to get the recipe posted this weekend!






Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment