Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Buttery Black Raspberry Bars

Hi Ya'll! Here is one of the recipes I've been promising! Unfortunatly I was not able to take any pictures because I made this for a potluck. I pulled it out of the oven 20 min before we had to leave, so I didn't have time to let it cool and take pictures.. I am going to use the picture from the Crisco website, where I got this recipe from, so you can see what it should look like.. It was a big hit though!


Buttery Black Raspberry Bars


1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 large egg yolks
2 cups All Purpose Flour
2/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/2 cup Smucker's Seedless Black Raspberry Jam


HEAT oven to 325 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
Beat butter until soft and creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, beating until well blended. Gradually add flour, mixing thoroughly. Fold in nuts.
Spread half of batter evenly into prepared pan. (I would recommend using a little more than half..) Spread with jam. Top with remaining batter dropped by spoonfuls.
Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Cut into 2 x 1-inch bars.


Eat and Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment