Thursday, April 7, 2011

Chewy Chocolate Cookies

Hi ya'll! As the end of March rolled around, my baking kinda dropped off. Now that we are in a new month my baking can continue, yay! To start off my month, I made some chewy chocolate cookies. My husband and the few other people I shared these cookies with described them as brownie like, and the frosting I made, was fudge like. They are good right out of the oven, but the Hubs and I agree that they tasted better if you let them sit out in a container with the lid half on half off and let the cookies sit for a day or two, they crisp up a little.. So good!
I made a chocolate sour cream frosting. I've never made a sour cream frosting before, so I kinda just winged it. I will try my best to remember what I used, but I'm sure you can find a sour cream frosting recipe in any cookbook..


Chewy Chocolate Cookies:

4 squares Unsweetened Chocolate (I used Baker's brand)
3/4 cup butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour


Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt chocolate and butter in saucepan. Add sugar mixing well. Blend in eggs and vanilla, stir in flour. Do not over mix. Put into a bowl and refrigerate for an hour or until dough is easy to handle.

Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 9 min, or until cookie is set. Let stand for a minute, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting:

2 squares semi-sweet chocolate (again, I used Baker's brand)
1/2 of a small tub of sour cream*
1/2 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar, give or take*

Melt butter and chocolate together in a saucepan. Add sour cream and powdered sugar. blend until well mixed.

* Chef's note: On the sour cream, I think our tub was just under the half way point.. with the powdered sugar, I can't remember exactly how much I put in. So I guess its more, add to taste..




Eat and Enjoy!


Photobucket






No comments:

Post a Comment