Saturday, April 7, 2012

Chocolate Bailey's Cake Balls

Hi Y'all!

Sorry I took so long to get these recipes up! I miss my laptop.. This recipe is well worth the wait though.. I had every intention of selling these cake balls, but the hubs and I kinda ate them all.. They were so good! You couldn't eat just one!



Chocolate Bailey's Cake Balls:

1 package Triple Chocolate cake mix
1 cup Bailey's Irish Cream (I actually used a cheaper version..)
1/2 a cup recipe cream cheese frosting (make your own or buy some..)
Chocolate candy coating
Vanilla candy coating

So, your going to make the cake according to the box directions. Once it is done, let it cool completely. Meanwhile, make your cream cheese frosting. Once the cake has cooled down, in a big bowl, crumble it up. Make sure your crumbs are a fine crumb. Add in the Bailey's and about 1/2 a cup of frosting. As you can tell, I like to have a lot of booze in my baked goods. You can always use less Bailey's and more frosting if you don't want a Strong alcohol taste. You can mix it up with a spatula or your hands.

Once it is combined well, shape in to balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Let chill in fridge for an hour or so, or place in the freezer for 10 min. Meanwhile, melt your candy coating according to the package.

Dip your balls into the chocolate and let them set. I put some of the melted vanilla candy coating in a baggie and cut the tip off to make the decorations on each cake ball. 

Cream Cheese Frosting:

1 package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4-6 cups powdered sugar
Whip cream cheese and butter together, until combined and smooth.  Add vanilla, mix well. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until you reach your desired consistency.  I added a tad bit of the Baileys to the cream cheese frosting.


Eat and Enjoy!

 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment