Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cheese Stuffed Burger Wraps

HI Y'all!
Today I have an extra special recipe for you!

 My dear friend, Virgina up in Oregon, is here today to share a wonderful, low carb gluten free recipe! I have known Virgina, or Ginny as I call her, since high school. She is a wonderful wife and mother to 8 kids! Ginny has been an amazing friend to me these past 14 years (OMG! I can not believe it has been that long!!). We like to send care packages to each other, filled with yummy baked goods, books, or just random things we think the other would like.. 

I asked her if she would be interested in doing a guest post, and almost immediately she was telling me about some ideas she had. Keep an eye out for her in the future, she just might be back with a dessert recipe!

Here she is:


I am so excited to share this recipe! It is low carb and gluten free.
Cheese Stuffed Burger Wraps:
1-1 1/2 lbs of ground beef
1 large egg (this acts as a great binder to keep the burger from falling apart)
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp of ground cumin
Mix all these things really well, divide the meat mixture into four equal parts and divide those in half leaving you with 8 small portions.  Flatten each "meat ball" until it is about 1/4in.
Onto 4 of the flattened patties add:
 1/2 tsp green onions (tops only, the white part will not cook and remain crunchy)
1/2 slice of swiss cheese
1-1/2 tbl grated cheddar cheese (Tillamook is best for this)
 Use the remaining 4 patties to cover the ones with cheese and onions, crimp the sides together well, so no cheese escapes while they are cooking. I recommend cooking these on the grill/BBQ, but be careful, the cheese gets really hot.
 We served these burgers with a little mayo and wrapped in lettuce.

Eat and Enjoy!

Well folks, I hope you enjoyed Ginny's visit as much as I did!
 Remember, if you are interested in doing a guest post, just let me know!
This recipe has been linked up at Addicted to Recipes

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Oooooohhhh Ginny...that sounds SO YUMMY! I LOVE making lettuce wraps. I will definately try your recipe soon! Thank you for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! Thanks for using Tillamook Cheese!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check my other Tillamook post's! We just love Tillamook around here!

      Delete