Thursday, September 22, 2011

Review Thursday- Beyond the Grave by Mara Purnhagen



Beyond the Grave by Mara Purnhagen
 Published September 1st 2011 by Harlequin Teen

I can't move forward with my life, until I know my demons are confined to the past…
Being Charlotte Silver, the daughter of famous paranormal investigators, means my life isn't like that of other teenage girls. Especially after what happened to my parents. Things changed. I missed prom and deferred my big college plans. But I still have my boyfriend, Noah. He's everything I could want—if I can figure out what's up with him. Suddenly Noah is secretive.

Oh my! How do I even start? When last we left Charlotte Silver, her mom was in a coma and the Watcher had been subdued.
As you dive into Beyond the Grave, there is immediate intrigue with the mysterious Michael and Noah’s never healing bruise. As Charlotte starts her first semester at college, her mom is still in a coma and has until January before the doctors say they will need to discuss other “options”.
Charlotte and Shane try to keep the family business together while her dad spends every waking moment by her mom’s bedside. With a trip to an old prison to get some footage, weird things start to happen.
The first day of classes hold a few surprises for Charlotte. She runs into Bliss and meets Michael. As Charlotte and Bliss start a new friendly relationship, Charlotte learns that the Watcher is not entirely gone, and turns to bliss for help. Michael keeps showing up where Charlotte least expects it. Who is he?
Meanwhile Noah’s mom and Shane announce that they are engaged, and Noah starts acting strange. First he’s sleepwalking and having no memory of it, and then Charlotte finds out that he is lying to everyone about his whereabouts.
Charlotte must find a way to help her mom wake up, find a way to save Noah and stop the Watcher for good. All without having to worry her dad or Noah’s mom.
Overall I loved how once again I was sucked up into the world of Charlotte Silver. I could not put this book down! I look forward to more from this Author.
My rating: 5/5 stars
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment