Thursday, October 4, 2012

Kale and Black Bean Brownies

Hi Y'all!
 
I bet you thought I was done with things you can make with kale, huh? Yup, not so much! I mentioned I had enough kale left over to make chips with, but I also had enough left to make these brownies..
 
I have to say, when I was tasting the batter, I told my husband that this was the strangest tasting thing I had ever put in my mouth.. He just laughed.. The combination of veggies and chocolate was a bit weird, but tasty..
 
They almost taste a bit like those health bars you buy in stores only made with real chocolate..
 
 
 
 
Kale and Black Bean Brownies:
 
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup black beans, rinsed & drained
2/3 cup plain yogurt
2 eggs
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups kale, packed
1 tablespoon vanilla
4 tablespoons butter

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients until combined. Rinse kale and remove ribs. 
Add wet ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
 
Make sure the kale is chopped up and Incorporated very well.. My kale mixture still had big pieces of kale, and I think the brownies would of turned out a bit better if I had mixed it longer..
 
  Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients until combined, do not over mix. Spread into a 9 x 9 greased baking pan.   
 Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
 
Eat and Enjoy!
 
Do you have a healthy brownie recipe?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment